Thank You for Making the 2022 Inaugural National Champions Conference a Great Success!
QPI Champions, we’re thrilled by your participation at our first QPI Champions Conference and how you you are leading to ensure excellent parenting for every child every day as part of a national network! Enjoy the following slideshow of some of the photos from your convening, and continue to scroll as we have listed videos and resources presented at the Champions Conference.
9/22/22 Plenary Session with Dr. Charles Zeanah
- PowerPoint: A Child-Centered Approach to Child Protection (Videos removed from slides to distribute)
- Related to the question of family preservation, here is a brief article. The specific review article mentioned during the presentation was by Gelles, R.J. (1993). Family reunion/family preservation: Are children really being protected? Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 8(4), 557–562. Gelles also has a book that can be used as a resource, entitled “The Book of David”.
- The Stanford Study is written up in a book, Protecting Abused and Neglected Children By Michael Wald, PM Carlsmith and PH Liederman published in 1988.
9/23/22 Plenary Session with Jennifer Rodriguez and Youth Panel
- PowerPoint: A Developmentally Appropriate Approach to Adolescents in Foster Care: What Do QPI Champions Need to Know?
Gallery Walk Materials
- Connecticut DCF Region #5 Comfort Call Brochure
- Connecticut DCF Region #5 Ice Breaker Brochure
- Resource Parent 1st Contact Letter (Washoe County, NV)
- Behavior Modification Tools (Washoe County, NV)
- Comfort Call Information (Washoe County, NV)
- Family Engagement Center ‘Engager Sheet’ (Washoe County, NV)
- “Family Time” – First Visit Between Families (Washoe County, NV)
- Child Welfare Court Process – Quick Guide for Families (Washoe County, NV)
- Guide to Becoming a Relative or Fictive Kin Caregiver (Washoe County, NV)
- Relative/Kin Caregiver 1st Contact Letter (Washoe County, NV)
- Reunification Transition Meeting Summary (Washoe County, NV)
- Strength Based Language Resource Form (Washoe County, NV)
- The Building Blocks of Human Service Agency (Role chart for service provisions, Washoe County, NV)
- Transition Child’s Routines and Interests (Washoe County, NV)
Other Resources and Conference Survey
- VIDEO: Washoe County Human Services Agency | Family Engagement Center
- Questions, Suggestions, Additions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org